- Web games must be written in either HTML5 or Flash 10 (AS2 or AS3). We can no longer accept games written in Shockwave or Java.
- Branding must be externalized, and must not contain any links (hot or cold) to other sites.
- Download buttons in the game should open in a blank page. The upsell URL should be set by the LoaderInfo parameter downloadableURL provided to the game through html flashVars. In case this parameter is not provided a backup-link must reside in an XML file in the root of the game directory.
- Marketing art asset and screenshot pack (see Marketing Requirements FAQ page)
- Game code should not reference files not included in the final build (in other words, check to ensure any dev-specific paths to your source code depot are cleaned up).
- Dimensions: 800 pixels x 600 pixels maximum (must be scalable downwards).
- If your game uses domain-locks please include the following domains:
Additional Requirements for Web Games
To read more about how to optimize your Web games for our processes, please review our Web Game Best Practices and Requirements. This document is focused on Flash development, but there are general principles that can be translated to other environments.
To best meet our requirements please integrate our GameHouse API. This API provides gamebreak (advertisement) and high score functionality. The GameHouse API developer package can be found here.